Top up cover

If you have a Snowcard annual policy and only require cover for a few days of a higher risk activity than your policy allows, you can purchase a medical and emergency expenses only policy at a higher level for a short duration. 

Please note that top up single trip policies only cover emergency expenses incured within the specified cover dates. Only expenses incurred during the period of insurance will be covered so once the top up policy has expired, if you still need treatment whilst away from the UK, these expenses would NOT be insured as they were incurred outside of the policy period. For this reason you must think carefully about whether you decide to insure the full trip duration or not at the higher risk level of cover. If you do not have underlying cover for your travel dates, you may find some expenses are uninsured in the event you require a non-emergency repatriation and your top up Snowcard policy has expired ( are advised to return on your scheduled return flight but need some assistance with travel).

You are also strongly encouraged to cover the full duration of the.activities you are engaging with on one policy. For instance, if you have a policy that covers trekking upto 3000m, do not just insure the time you think you might be above 3000m with top up cover. You should insure the full time trekking to avoid uncertainty or grey areas around which policy will cover you.

If you do not have another Snowcard policy in force, you can not buy top up only cover - you must insure the full duration of your trip with Snowcard.

Contact [email protected] if you need help with this decision. 

Note: you must be a UK resident and you must be returning to the UK at the end of your trip to purchase Snowcard Insurance. Your policy purchase must be made before you have engaged in any activities that you are taking part in. You can not start a new policy once you have started taking part in any activities you require insurance cover for.