Additional guidance on winter sports cover for annual policies
Adventure Basic policies include up to 4 weeks of Nordic Cross Country Skiing. For all other modes of winter sports activity, one of the higher cover levels will be necessary. Please click here for guidance on the level that you will require for on and off piste downhill skiing and snowboarding.
Adventure Plus and Max Adventure policies include up to 4 weeks of winter sports holidays.
If you ski for more than 4 weeks in a policy year, you must take the Extreme Adventure policy, which does not limit the number of winter sports holidays although there is a 31 day single trip limit which can be extended up to 90 days. The maximum amount of winter sports cover in a 12 month period is 90 days.
SINGLE TRIP LIMITS - please note that extended single trip limits are available for recreatioal holidays only and not for work or professional travel.
SKI RACING - cover is not available for ski race training and competitions for any formal teams, squads or national bodies or professional level events
SKI INSTRUCTOR TRAINING COURSES - please note that extended single trip options are NOT available for ski instructor courses, the 31 day single trip limit will apply.
Important note about calculating winter sports 'weeks' -
- The number of weeks of winter sports included does not refer to the number of days skiing but the travelling time on a winter sports holiday. A week’s winter sports travel will usually span two weekends, travelling Friday or Saturday to the following Saturday or Sunday. This in practice involves 7, 8, 9 or even 10 days of travel but for the avoidance of doubt we count this weekend to weekend travel pattern as being ‘one week’ of winter sports travel.
- The same principle applies to 2, 3 or 4 week holidays and holidays that start mid-week.
- Weekend winter sports trips are normally of 3, 4 or 5 days in duration, e.g. Wednesday or Thursday to Sunday (or similar time spans). For the avoidance of doubt, we count two weekend trips as being equal to one week of winter sports holidays.
- If you are going on (for example) a two or three week trip but only one week includes winter sports activity, we count that as being one week of the policy winter sports entitlement. If you are only skiing for one or two days on a week or longer trip, we will count that as being one weekend of winter sports activity.
- In the event of a claim we might require evidence of your winter sports activity and might ask you for your ski pass as evidence.
- The maximum amount of winter sports we will cover in any 12 month period is 90 days. The maximum single trip limit is 90 days.