important information regarding pre-existing medical conditions
Snowcard Insurance will provide cover for new injuries or illnesses which occur during the period of insurance.
It will only provide cover for pre-existing medical conditions that you knew about before booking your insurance or your trip as long as none of the following apply to you and/or anyone you are buying insurance for.
- You have a medical condition which has required a change or increase in medication in the last 12 months or which necessitates a consultation with a medical practitioner or hospital consultant more than once a year. (more info)
- You have a cardiac or respiratory condition for which you take more than 2 prescribed medications. (more info)
- You are aware of symptoms and you are awaiting diagnosis for any medical condition. (more info)
- You are on a waiting list for or have knowledge of the need for surgery, treatment or investigation at a hospital, clinic or nursing home (other than for pregnancy). (more info)
- You have been admitted to hospital overnight or received treatment as a day patient in the last 6 months following an Accidental Injury. (more info)
- You have been admitted to hospital overnight or received treatment as a day patient in the last 5 years for any medical condition or symptoms. (more info)
- A medical practitioner has advised you against travel, or you are taking part in any activities against the advice of a medical practitioner or hospital consultant.
- You are travelling for the purpose of receiving medical treatment, surgery or medical investigations.
- You have received a terminal prognosis.