general conditions applying to all sections
1. IF YOU OR YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE NEED TO MAKE A CLAIM - If you need to make a claim please refer to the how to make a claim information, or ring and ask for a claim form soon as possible after an event which you may want to claim for.
NOTE: The claims telephone number is: 0345 122 3280 - The phone line is open 24 hours, 365 days a year if you need to make a claim. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We may record or monitor calls for training purposes or to improve the quality of our service.
- Fill in the claim form and return it with the relevant documents listed below, this policy and your insurance schedule.
- All the certificates, accounts, receipts, information and evidence you send must be in the form we ask for.
- Always send originals and not photocopies.
- You must pay any costs involved in providing these documents.
- Please do not send any documents until you send in your claim form.
- We may be required to contact your GP in the United Kingdom to check your medical records.
- Medical and other expenses - Please send details of the illness or injury and original receipts and bills for any expenses you have paid.
- Ski pack (lessons, hire, lift pass), Dive pack (prebooked dives, courses, hire), Golf pack (lessons, green fees) - Give reason for cutting short the use of your ski/dive/golf pack and a medical certificate confirming that this was necessary.
- Personal accident - Please send full details of the accident and injury. If you make a claim, you must allow our medical advisers to examine you as often as they need. (We will pay any costs and your expenses for these examinations if we accept your claim.)
- Personal liability - You must send us any writ, summons or other legal documents as soon as you receive them. You must also give us any information and help we need to deal with the case and your claim. You must not negotiate, pay, settle, admit or deny any claim without our written agreement.
- Personal belongings, electronics/techno pack, equipment and temporary loss - Please send full details of the belongings which have been lost, stolen or damaged. You should also send receipts to prove their value, proof of ownership, or bills for the cost of repairs. For loss or theft claims, you must also send a police report. If your belongings were lost, stolen or damaged while in the care of a carrier or handling agent, you must send a ‘carrier’s report’ or ‘property irregularity report’ as well as the travel tickets and luggage receipts the carrier or handling agent gave you when you checked in. You must also provide written confirmation from the carrier or handling agent that tracing procedures have been completed and your belongings are now considered to be permanently lost.
- For temporary-loss claims, please send receipts for the replacement items you have bought and a ‘carrier’s report’ or ‘property irregularity report’.
- Equipment hire - Please send receipts for the cost of the equipment hire and full details of what was lost, damaged or stolen.
- Money and documents - Please send full details together with a police report and cash withdrawal slips or similar proof of the money you withdrew. If you lose your passport Please send a police report, bills and receipts for travel and accommodation expenses.
- If you cancel the trip - Please give the reason for cancelling the trip and send us your booking invoice or receipt and your cancellation invoice. We will need written proof of the reason for cancellation. If cancellation is due to illness or injury, the medical certificate on the cancellation claim form will need to be filled in by the doctor of the person who was ill or injured.
- Cutting the trip short - Please give the reason you cut short your trip, confirming that you had to come home early. Before you return home early for medical reasons, you must get a doctor’s certificate to confirm that this is necessary and that you are fit to travel. You must then send this with your claim form.
When you claim you must ask the airline or transport company to confirm in writing:
- the actual time of departure and arrival.
- the scheduled time of departure and arrival; and
- the period of the delay;
- the cause of the delay or cancellation;
- Missed departure – extra travel and accommodation expenses You must send receipts or bills for your expenses. For car breakdown or accident claims, send the repairer's report or police accident report and details of how you got to the port or airport.
- Piste closure - Please ask the relevant authority to confirm in writing that the piste was closed. You must also send your receipts for transport to the other resort and the cost of the lift pass.
- Travel Legal Guard - Please send full details of the accident and your injury.
Excesses - If we agree to a claim for medical expenses which has been reduced by your using a European Health Insurance Card or private health insurance, you will not have to pay the excess.
2. YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED FOR THE FOLLOWING
- Any claims arising from routine treatment or care which could reasonably be expected to arise during your period of insurance.
- Any claim related to an incident that you were aware of at the time you took out this insurance and which could lead to a claim.
- Any claim that results from the tour operator, airline, or any other company, firm, or person not being able or not being willing to carry out any part of their obligation to you.
- You travelling contrary to the regulations of your transport provider.
- Indirect losses, which result from the incident that caused you to claim. For example replacing locks if you lose your keys.
- If you receive payment from someone or somewhere else, we will take this off your claim. This does not apply to Personal accident.
- Travel to a country or specific area or event which the Foreign and Commonwealth Office or the World Health Organisation has advised the public not to. Click here for advice on Covid-19.
- Additional expenses e.g. telephone calls, taxi fares, meals and refreshments or loss of earnings.
- Any claim caused directly or indirectly by:
- ionising radiation or radioactive contamination from nuclear fuel or nuclear waste, or any risk from an explosive nuclear device or other nuclear equipment;
- your property being held, taken, destroyed or damaged under the order of any government or other authority;
- pressure waves caused by aircraft or other flying machines travelling at sonic or supersonic speeds;
- war, invasion, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil unrest, revolution or any similar event. (This does not apply to Medical and Other Expenses while you are away from the United Kingdom.)
- The use, release or threat of any nuclear weapon or device or chemical or biological agent.
- leaving your valuables or money and documents unattended.
3. You must follow any suggestions or recommendations made by any government or other authority both before and during the period of insurance.
4. You must do all that you can to keep your claims as low as possible and to prevent theft, loss and damage.
5. If we pay any expenses which you are not covered for, you must pay these back within a month of the end of the period of insurance.
6. If you, or anyone acting for you, deliberately make a false claim or statement, the insurance will end and we will not pay any claims.
7. We may take action against someone in your name to get compensation or security for loss, damage or expenses covered by this insurance. You will not pay anything towards this action, but any amount or security handed over will belong to us.
8. If we have to pay any amounts because of the law of another country and we would not usually have to pay these amounts under the policy, you must repay the amounts to us.
9. All the sums insured and limits set out in this policy include VAT.
10. This contract of insurance will be governed by English law, and you and we agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales (unless you live in Jersey in which case the law of Jersey will apply and the Jersey courts will have exclusive jurisdiction).
11. The premium for this insurance includes insurance premium tax where necessary.
12. If we pay a claim because your trip is cancelled, we will not pay a claim under any other section of the policy for the same trip.
13. Unless agreed otherwise, the contractual terms and conditions and other information relating to this contract will be in the English language.
CEO, Ageas Insurance
Registered Office Address:
Hampshire Corporate Park
Hampshire, SO53 3YA
Registered in England and Wales No 354568