personal belongings and equipment
(applicable to policies purchased after 6 November 2020 - if your policy was purchased before this date please refer to the policy wording sent with your original email confirmation)
WHAT YOU ARE COVERED FOR (if shown on insurance schedule)
PERSONAL BELONGINGS; UP TO THE BAGGAGE AMOUNT SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE
If you accidentally lose your personal belongings, or if they are stolen or damaged, you can claim up to the amount shown on your insurance schedule to replace or repair them. We will take an amount off for wear and tear and loss of value. There is a limit of £350 for one item, pair or set. The overall limit for valuables is £350.
Snow sports, activity, dive and golf equipment is covered separately, see below.
TECHNO PACK; UP TO THE AMOUNT SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE
Subject to the appropriate premium having been paid you will be covered for the replacement cost (after allowing for wear, tear and loss of value) of your photographic equipment, mp3 player, video game player, lap top computer, mobile phone if it is lost, stolen or damaged.
SNOWSPORT/ACTIVITY/DIVE/GOLF EQUIPMENT; UP TO THE AMOUNT SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE
Subject to the appropriate premium having been paid you will be covered for the replacement cost (after allowing for wear, tear and loss of value) of your snowsport equipment (snowboard or skis including bindings, boots and poles), activity equipment, dive or golf equipment if it is lost, stolen or damaged. The total limit for hired equipment which is lost, stolen or damaged is £500.
EQUIPMENT HIRE; UP TO £500 (IF EQUIPMENT IS SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE)
If your own snowsport, activity equipment, dive or golf equipment is lost, stolen or damaged, you will be covered for the cost of hiring ski or activity equipment up to £75 a day.
TEMPORARY LOSS OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS; UP TO £300 (IF BAGGAGE IS SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE)
If your personal belongings are temporarily lost for more than 12 hours on your outward journey, you can claim up to £300 for the things you need to buy.
MONEY AND DOCUMENTS; UP TO £500 (IF BAGGAGE IS SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE)
We will repay you if you lose any of the following or they are stolen: your bank notes, coins, traveller’s cheques, travel tickets, admission tickets, meal vouchers, ski lift pass and passports (residual value only). There is a limit for cash of £400 for each adult and £50 for each child under 16. This cover starts from the time you get the money or documents or 72 hours before you leave home to go on your trip, whichever is the later.
LOSS OF PASSPORT; UP TO £500 (IF BAGGAGE IS SHOWN ON THE INSURANCE SCHEDULE)
You will be covered for all necessary extra travel and accommodation (room only) expenses incurred as a result of having to travel to obtain a replacement passport if it is lost or stolen during the period of insurance. This would also include the cost of the emergency replacement or temporary passport or visa obtained outside the United Kingdom.
WHAT YOU ARE NOT COVERED FOR
AS WELL AS THE GENERAL CONDITIONS ON PAGES 16-17, THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS AND CONDITIONS APPLY:
01. a. i. Loss of, theft of or damage to your personal belongings and equipment during your outward or return journey if you do not get a written ‘carrier’s report’, or a ‘property irregularity report’. If you cannot report the loss, theft or damage to the carrier or handling agent straight away, you must do so in writing within seven days.
ii. Loss or theft of your personal belongings, techno pack, activity equipment, money, documents and passport at any other time if you do not report the loss or theft to the police within 24 hours of discovering it and get a police report from them.
b. Breakage of or damage to fragile articles, (unless the breakage or damage is caused by a malicious or criminal act) and any other loss or damage caused by the breakage.
c. Loss or damage caused by delay, wear and tear, moth, vermin, weather and atmospheric conditions or mechanical failure.
d. Loss or theft of or damage to contact or corneal lenses, unset precious stones, securities, deeds, documents or property held for business purposes.
e. Loss or theft of or damage to valuables if you leave them in baggage which is checked in to the carrier.
f. Loss or theft of or damage to valuables you are not carrying with you unless you have kept them in locked accommodation, a safe, or a safety deposit box.
g. There is no cover for personal belongings left in an unattended vehicle overnight except overnight stops on outward or return journeys. It should be noted that a car parked next to a tent in which you are sleeping is not deemed unattended.
02. We will not pay the excess amount of every claim made for each of you (not applicable to equipment hire, temporary loss of belongings and loss of passport).
01. You must take proper care of your belongings and act as if you did not have this insurance.
02. If your claim involves a pair or set (other than skis or golf clubs), we will only pay the value of the part of the pair or set which is lost, stolen or damaged.
03. You must keep any damaged property so that we can inspect it. When we make a payment for that property, it will then belong to us.
04. You are not covered for claims for which you receive compensation from someone else.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS FOR EQUIPMENT
01. a. Loss or damage to snowsport or activity equipment whilst being used for racing, race training or competition.
b. Loss or theft of snowsport, activity, dive or golf equipment you are not carrying with you unless you have kept it in locked accommodation or the locked boot of a car or protected it by using a recommended locking device secured to an immovable object (this exclusion does not apply to skis left unattended during the daytime for the purpose of obtaining refreshments).
c. There is no cover for snowsport, activity, dive or golf equipment left in an unattended vehicle overnight except overnight stops on outward or return journeys. It should be noted that a car parked next to a tent in which you are sleeping is not deemed unattended.
d. Damage to mountain bikes, canoes and kayaks when in use including cracking, scratching or denting.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS FOR TEMPORARY LOSS
01. As well as getting an authorised ‘property irregularity report’ from the carrier or handling agent, you must also write to them within 21 days of receiving your property back to confirm you had to buy replacement items.
02. If your personal belongings are never found and we agree to pay for permanent loss, we will take off any amount paid for temporary loss.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS FOR MONEY AND DOCUMENT LOSS
01. Loss of value or shortages caused by mistake;
02. Money left in baggage which you have checked in to the carrier or which you do not keep with you, unless it is in locked accommodation, a safety deposit box or a safe.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS FOR LOSS OF PASSPORT
You are not covered for any expenses arising after you have returned to the United Kingdom.
ADDITIONAL EXCLUSIONS FOR TECHNO PACK
01. a. Loss or damage to techno equipment whilst being used during an activity unless the equipment was designed for the intended purpose.
b. Loss or theft of techno equipment you are not carrying with you unless you have kept it in locked accommodation or the locked boot of a car.
c. There is no cover for techno equipment left in an unattended vehicle overnight.
d. Loss or theft of or damage to techno equipment if you leave it in baggage which is checked in to the carrier.
e. Breakage or damage of techno equipment not used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
f. Loss or damage of data, photographic images, sim cards, storage media, recording tapes or memory cards.