EUROPEAN REGION – covers the UK, Europe including Scandinavia. Also, Turkey, Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco and countries bordering the Mediterranean including the Canaries and the Azores.
Note: Trips in the United Kingdom are only covered when there is at least one night's accomodation which you have booked and paid for in advance.
WORLDWIDE including USA/Canada and the Caribbean - all countries in the world including the United States of America, Canada and the Caribbean.
WORLDWIDE excluding USA/Canada and the Caribbean – covers all other countries in the world.
Following BREXIT, the UK is still in the European geographic region along with other non EU member states like Switzerland and Norway. For the purposes of insurance, distinction is based on geography and not political union.
- Greenland (although politically aligned with Denmark) and Svalbard (Norway) are worldwide excluding USA/Canada and the Caribbean destinations.
- Iceland is a European destination as are Switzerland and Norway, note the georgraphic distinction is based on geography and not political alliance or union.
- Eastern European countries included in the Europe region include Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Kosovo, Latvia, Lithuania, the Republic of North Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia and Ukraine.
- Jordan is a worldwide excluding USA/Canada and the Caribbean destination.
- Cape Verde is a worldwide excluding USA/Canada and the Caribbean destination.
- All Russian states are worldwide excluding USA/Canada and the Caribbean destinations.
- Georgia is a worldwide excluding USA/Canada and the Caribbean destination.
- Worlwide inc USA/Canada/Caribbean counties: Anguilla, Antigua, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Bonaire (Antilles), Canada, Cayman Islands, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cuba, Curacao, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nevis Island, Puerto Rico, Saint Barthelemy, Singapore, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Martin, St Pierre and Miquelon, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, USA, Virgin Islands (UK), Virgin Islands (US)
- You should also note that we exclude cover where travel is to a country or region that the FCDO advise against all or all but essential travel to.
- We do not offer expedition cover to either the North or South Poles.
- All other expeditions to remote regions are subject to individual quotes and require a full detailed submission of the expedition itinerary before the risk is accepted. Please email your expedition itinerary including guiding arrangements, your experience, emergency provisions and expedition objectives to firstname.lastname@example.org